The Office of Governmental Relations acts as a liaison between the campus and members of Congress, Congressional and committee staff, and Executive Branch agencies to promote and garner public support for the University of California's legislative priorities. Our office works closely with UC's Office of the President and the UC Federal Governmental Relations office in Washington, D.C. in an effort to increase federal support and investment in UC and the Santa Barbara campus.
- Assisting faculty and staff in their interactions with Congressional offices and federal agencies.
- Promoting UC Santa Barbara’s research and policy agenda with Congressional members and agencies.
- Monitoring and providing analysis of federal legislation.
- Issues management, including legislative inquiries and requests.
- Advocacy efforts on behalf of UC Systems and campus priorities.
University of California Advocacy Network (UCAN) : UCAN is the University of California’s systemwide advocacy network, empowering supporters of UC to impact federal and state policy.
UC Santa Barbara received roughly $151 million in federal research funding in FY20. At the link above, you will find charts and graphs illustrating the University’s current research statistics.
- The White House
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Federal Legislative Information
- Department of Education
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation