The Office of Governmental Relations acts as a liaison between the campus and members of Congress, Congressional and committee staff, and Executive Branch agencies to promote and garner public support for the University of California's legislative priorities. Our office works closely with UC's Office of the President and the UC Federal Governmental Relations office in Washington, D.C. in an effort to increase federal support and investment in UC and the Santa Barbara campus.
Federal Relations Activities
- Assisting faculty and staff in their interactions with Congressional offices and federal agencies.
- Promoting UC Santa Barbara’s research and policy agenda with Congressional members and agencies.
- Monitoring and providing analysis of federal legislation.
- Issues management, including legislative inquiries and requests.
- Advocacy efforts on behalf of UC Systems and campus priorities.
Current Federal Issues Affecting the University
Office of Federal Governmental Relations - Issues and Policy Papers
University of California Advocacy Network (UCAN) : UCAN is the University of California’s systemwide advocacy network, empowering supporters of UC to impact federal and state policy.
UC Santa Barbara Annual Federal Funding Research Statistics
UC Santa Barbara received roughly $151 million in federal research funding in FY20. At the link above, you will find charts and graphs illustrating the University’s current research statistics.
UC Santa Barbara Congressional Representatives
United States House of Representatives
Congressmember Salud Carbajal (CA-24)
Federal Government Links
- The White House
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Federal Legislative Information
- Department of Education
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation